Monday 25 May 2015

Helicopter stand step by step build.

I finished two of the low stands tonight and a tall version. I took photos of the tall version so anyone else can copy my method.

Step one. Buy some plastic Martini party glasses.



Step two. Put a rivet head into a TV/Radio Aerial.


Step three. Drill a large hole into the stem. I drilled a series of small holes this time and filed to shape. Last time I cracked the stem using progressively bigger drills.



Step four. Drill a hole into the base big enough for the Aerial to sit in. I have various types of Aerials so may need a different method to secure this end for the others.


Step five. Check fit.


Step six. Using plastic glue secure the base to a CD plastic blank and then glue the top to the CD blank. Use Araldite to glue the Aerial in. (Jim Rockford supervising is optional)


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant - though I would n't tackle it myself..and certainly not without the supervision of Jim Rockford obviously.

    ReplyDelete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.